Tags: geotagged

Bishopscourt nee Greenoaks c.1846 – Sydney Picture

See where this picture was taken. [?] Originally known by its Aboriginal name Yarranabbee, Darling Point was called Mrs Darling’s Point by Governor Ralph Darling (1825-31 Governor) in honour of his wife. At that time the area was heavily timbered, but after New South Head Road was built in 1831 timber cutters felled most of…

U2 Sydney 2006-11-13 – Sydney Picture

Image published by U2gigs.com on 2006-11-14 01:35:33 and used under Creative Commons license. Tagged: , Vertigo , vertigo06 , vertigo2006 , sydney , Australia , Telstra Stadium , Vertigo Tour , 20061113 , NSW , New South Wales , concert , 2006 , Telstra , Stadium , U2 Vertigo Tour , Vertigo Tour 2006 ,…

Lyndhurst c.1834 – Sydney Picture

See where this picture was taken. [?] Lyndhurst is built on part of a grant in 1796 of 400 acres to Reverend Richard Johnson on Church of England property known as the Glebe. Trustees of the Clergy and School Lands Corporation subdivided the Glebe in 1828 and Lot 5 was sold to Charles Cowper. The…

U2 Sydney 2006-11-13 – Sydney Picture

Image published by U2gigs.com on 2006-11-14 01:32:05 and used under Creative Commons license. Tagged: , Vertigo , vertigo06 , vertigo2006 , sydney , Australia , Telstra Stadium , Vertigo Tour , 20061113 , NSW , New South Wales , concert , 2006 , Telstra , Stadium , U2 Vertigo Tour , Vertigo Tour 2006 ,…

Glebe Town Hall c.1880 – Sydney Picture

See where this picture was taken. [?] Glebe Town Hall is built on part of a grant in 1796 of 400 acres to Reverend Richard Johnson on Church of England property known as the Glebe. Trustees of the Clergy and School Lands Corporation subdivided the Glebe into large allotments and retained 40 acres for the…

Glebe Town Hall c.1880 – Sydney Picture

See where this picture was taken. [?] Glebe Town Hall is built on part of a grant in 1796 of 400 acres to Reverend Richard Johnson on Church of England property known as the Glebe. Trustees of the Clergy and School Lands Corporation subdivided the Glebe into large allotments and retained 40 acres for the…

Manly Grammar School for Girls (site) c.1925 – Sydney Picture

See where this picture was taken. [?] The Manly Grammar School for Girls . The Latin motto means ‘Manners maketh man’. In the 1950’s, the Manly Grammar School for Girls was demolished to make way for “The Citadel”. Image published by Sydney Heritage on 2012-02-24 03:45:15 and used under Creative Commons license. Tagged: , geo:lat=-33.79993738200064…

Birchgrove Public School c.1885 – Sydney Picture

Birchgrove Public School established in 1885, in a high density housing area for workers from the mines, docks and heavy industry located nearby. The school has expansive harbour views with its distinctive Victorian facade and interior, complete with high ceilings and circular wooden staircases. See where this picture was taken. [?] Image published by Balmain…

Tusculum c.1831 – Sydney Picture

See where this picture was taken. [?] Tusculum was named by its original owner, Alexander Brodie Spark (1792-1856), after a town in the Alban Hills, 10 kilometres south-east of Rome where wealthy Romans built luxurious villas – that of Cicero being especially famous. The name of A.B. Spark’s other property, ‘Tempe’ also has classical origins.…

Rozelle Tram Depot – Sydney Picture

Rozelle Tram Depot Dated: possibly March 1929 Digital ID: 17420_a014_a0140001131 Rights: www.records.nsw.gov.au/about-us/rights-and-permissions We’d love to hear from you if you use our photos/documents. Many other photos in our collection are available to view and browse on our website using Photo Investigator. Image published by NSW State Archives and Records on 2011-03-10 23:36:08 and used under…