Mama Tran’s staff makes dumplings and other dimsum delights at the stall in the South Melbourne Market.
Their dimsims seemed to be juicier than Cheng’s dimsim, the "original". It tastes more like a siumai that you’d get at yumcha, with bits of cracked pepper giving a flavour hit now and then.
Mama Tran’s / Dragon Wok
Stall #35 & 36
South Melbourne Market
Corner Cecil and Coventry Streets, South Melbourne, Victoria 3205
Mama Tran dim sum prices per pack:
– sticky rice sweet varieties AUD6.50
– vegetarian mixed vegetable dumplings AUD6.30
– vegetarian baby spinach dumplings AUD6.50
– crystal assorted prawns dumplings AUD8.50
– crystal prawn dumplings with coriander AUD8.50
– crystal prawn dumplings with crabmeat and water chestnut AUD8.50
– crystal prawn dumplings with chives AUD8.50
– prawns with chives AUD8.50
– prawns with coriander AUD8.50
– prawn with crabmeat and water chestnut AUD8.50
– assorted mixed dumplings – pork, chicken, prawn AUD6.50
– no prawn. chicken with baby spinach AUD6.50
– no prawn. pork, vermicelli, celery AUD6.50
– pork, prawn, mushroom siu mai AUD6.50
– steamed roast pork bun AUD6.50
Tagged: , South Melbourne Market , Mama Tran , dimsim , dimsum , yumcha , dumplingSome local news is curated - Original might have been posted at a different date/ time! Click the source link for details.